Superior Fishing Tackle available Online

Fishing Gear and Techniques... and all that technical stuff!
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Thomasw

I am thinking about getting bait clips to use on a few of my long distance rigs.

I had a read of the different options on the Tackle Tactics website and would like advice on which product to get.

At the moment I like the simple design of the "Pro-Link Bait Clips" and they are relatively inexpensive. Although, would the "Impact Shield" versions work better?

Experiences please?
Chad

i use the imp longcast system, it works fine for me and the best part about them is they are so simple to make and use.

impact sheilds are equal to the task the only difference is they take a little more time to make. these are cheeper too.

buy both i say and try them both because i find most things like this come to be more of a personal prefferance
Neil

I have used mainly the impact sheilds and the imps found both excellant in use with the imps being better for bigger baits and simpler to use ( no beads or crimps needed ).
The impact sheilds do work very very well .
Take your pick they both work
Hamish

You cant go wrong with the bro link bait clips mate simple and the they do the job. BUT have a go with bait shields and imp clips its all about what suits your style.

Thomasw

Brought a pack of imps but can not work out how to rig them... the instructions are useless... any advice?
Chad

i picking you have the same problem i did?

use as a pair of sissors to prior apart the fast link and slidee the little paddle onto the bar.

makeing the rig....

700mm trace with a gine clip or snaplock on each end. with a barrel swivel and a bead etheir side in the midle, hope this makes sence i boody crook
Neil

http://www.breakawayusa.com/pdf/cat07.pdf

except I put the hook in the clip rather then the loop of mono.
Thomasw

took about 10 minutes but I finally managed to get the plastic thing into the metal clip.

At first, looking at the included instructions they had two metal clips on the plastic thing. I assume the 2nd 'metal clip' was suppose to be the hook.

I hope it is not possible to put the plastic thing on upside down or back to front.
Thomasw

I have just found out that it is possible to put them on upside down.....
Neil

was about to say yes it is possible to get them upside down but you just found that out.

cloudburst

I use impact shields with 100% confidence as the release every time.Can't say the same for other types of clips though that have occasionally come back still clipped up

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!