Superior Fishing Tackle available Online

Fishing Gear and Techniques... and all that technical stuff!
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
roj

I was in NZ in 2005 for the snapper classic and was a guest at the NZ casting championship.
I was Uk champion twice, European ground castion champ 3 times and gold medallist twice with the England team. I could help with advice on techniques and with a few videos via other websites but do not want to upset moderators or the website owner. If it's ok, let me know and i'll post links that may help.
Roj
Neil

Glad to have you here Roj .
This forum is very underused unfortunately but just needs a bit of a kick to get it going.
This is my latest casting practice day and i would appreciate a critical review .
its also on the jersey site
http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=T-LA2uiGvXU
roj

needs bit of work mate, for pendulum casting always start slow and relaxed, use body rotation and a straight left arm, so you've got plenty to pull with at the end of the cast. All the power and speed should be focused at the end of the technique, so, set your feet, wind your body up, nice easy tee-up then turn into the cast, as you do this you're loading the rod up and your left hand should be gradually rising to peak at shoulder/head height, once the rod and your body are in position, hit it hard and fast but the whole movement should be smooth aceleration.
We'll soon have some top quality footage of the UKSF finals (oct 12th) on our website, so maybe a week after the 12th check it out.
http://www.totalseamagazine.com
Hope this is of some help, any more questions, just ask and i'll be pleased to help.
Roj
Neil

Thanks Rog ! I fully appreciate that my cast is a work in progress ( only did my first otg and pendulum cast at the end of may ) so I am still learning .And its odd when you review what you thought was a ok cast on the camera and it looks NOTHING like what you thought you were doing. lol

So far on my list is shorten my grip a bit / get my head around faster leaving my arms behind and wait a bit longer before getting the power in along with the weight transfer .

My aim was to crack the 200mtr barrier before the end of the year  2.30 mtrs to go

I am a regular visitor at tsf so I will see the vids when they get there

roj

It sounds like you're on the right lines, it took me a few months to crack 200yds, then years of practice to perfect technique and timing, once you got it casting is easy. Being able to cast well has definitely helped my fishing, in very good conditions you can put a single bait 200 mtrs, but you never lose the ability to put a bait 10mtrs when necessary!

Chad

sound advice that mate:thumb
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!