Superior Fishing Tackle available Online

Fishing Gear and Techniques... and all that technical stuff!
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Tui

Hi I am seriously out numbered here  but I need some help with the basics of setting up the line for surfcasting. I have no idea how to attach the shock leader to the line and what the requirements for the shock leader are. I think I have the rig I want to try sussed. If someone could take the time to tell me that would be appreciated. CHEERS

Hardy

Tui

If you post the same message on the Tackle Tactics Surfcasting message board you will get plenty of replies. This side of the TT Forum Site is pretty quiet. The Main forum is on the top left in red. Click on that

Cheers Trev

Hi Tui.
http://www.tackletactics.co.nz/Shockleaderknot.html     that is one of the ways of joining main line to the shockleader.

Shockleader strength is one of those arguments that can go on for days .... One lot of people say 10lbs of shockleader strength per ounce of sinker.so 5 oz sinker = 50 lb shockleader. Others say just use 10 kg line and no shockleader at all.

I believe its better to match the shockleader to your casting style and the fishing area .Nice cleanish beachs and a smooth casting style and a 15kg leader can suffice .
Rougher areas and a harder casting style you might need to go to 20 or 30 kg shockleader .

The tapered shockleaders are nice to use if your fishing in fairly snag free areas otherwise it can get a bit pricy ..

Tui

Thanks for that guys. Will give it ago appreciate your advice.Going out friday give it ago. Maybe the next post will be a result story!!!

JemimaPuddleduck

Yay Tui... welcome aboard... where ya live girl... i may be able to put you onto someone helpful

john203

welcome aboard Tui enjoy your time here gal.you have got letter of recommendation from me.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!